Emergency First Aid at Work Small Biz Special
A one day course to gain an official 3 year Emergency First Aid at Work qualification with a focus on small biz owner scenarios.
Time & Location
13 Mar 2023, 09:30 – 16:30
First Aid Cornwall, Truro, 77 Lemon St, TR1 2PN
The Cornwall Shop Small group price is £88 (inclusive) a head discounted from £108 (inclusive) if you were to book directly yourself.
Course Duration: 1 Day
Qualification Period: 3 Years
Assessment Process: Continuous instructor assessment
Course Material: Reference manual & A4 certificate included
This course consists of a one day’s training in Emergency First Aid Procedures designed to give the student a basic knowledge for providing first aid within the workplace. Scenarios discussed will have a small business owner focus including working from home / the studio and at events.
The course is Awarding Organisation compliant as regulated by the Health & Safety Executive and is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for training of candidates in first aid for low risk environments.
EFAW meets with the recommendations for training an 'Appointed Person' in basic first aid skills as detailed in the HSE Approved Code of Practice L74.
The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a casualty. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious casualty.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a casualty who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a casualty who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) follows a HSE approved syllabus and utilises the following training methods:
- Comprehensive student pack for each delegate containing full colour reference manual for use during the class and as an ongoing reference
- Fully approved and quality assured instructors.
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for lots of practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor.
- Professional presentation material that uses a graphical approach to ensure understanding of key topics.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate valid for 3 years. Annual refresher training is strongly recommended.